- The N12 Treasure Route is the longest tourist route (1350 km) and traverses across 5 provinces in South Africa?
- That it is disputed that the Big Hole (Kimberley; Northern Cape) is the largest hole excavated by hand in the world?
- Emalahleni (previously Witbank) is the centre of the local coal mining industry?
- The Cango Caves are the only show cave in Africa which offers a choice of Heritage (easy) or Adventure Tours?
- The Vredefort crater is the largest verified impact crater on Earth and has a diameter of 300 km?
- The town of Westonaria, 45 km west of Johannesburg and 18 km south of Randfontein was formed in 1948 by the amalgamation of the townships Venterspost, proclaimed in 1937, and Westonaria, proclaimed in 1938?
- Kamfers Dam in Kimberley Northern Cape is one of only four breeding sites in Africa for Lesser Flamingos?
- Beaufort West established the first Municipality in 1837
N12 Treasure Route
From there it enters the City of Matlosane/KOSH (Klerksdorp, Orkney, Stilfontein and Hartbeesfontein) through Wolmaransstad, Bloemhof and Christiana onto Kimberley in the Northern Cape Province.
From Kimberley it stretches through Hopetown, Strybenburg and Britstown to the historical town of Victoria West. Just South of Victoria West at Three Sisters, the route joins the N1 National Route to Beaufort West. From there, it runs south through Klarrstroom and De Rust onto Oudtshoorn and ultimately over the Outeniqua Pass where it ends at the Indian Ocean and joins the Garden Route .
Did you know?
Any Queries? Don’t Hesitate? Feel Free to Make a Call
Tel: 018 299 5550
Fax: 018 299 5554