North West University – Potchefstroom Campus

Potchefstroom

The University was recognized as an independent university that was known as Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education in 1951 and was developed out of the Theological school of the Reformed churches in South Africa.

Within the university there are the Botanical Gardens that were established in 1964 by Dr W.J. Louw, a botany Lecture by then.

The Campus, situated in the historical university town of Potchefstroom, traditionally drew its students from the Afrikaans-speaking community but today embraces a multilingual, multicultural working and teaching environment.

Amenities